Okay, so for our final project I can definitely say I had bigger dreams than I could perform. My original plan was to make a spy camera in my closet to catch my suitemate taking my clothes. Long story short she stole my clothes and denies it to this day, which I might add is maddening. Anyway, I wanted to catch her stealing my clothes but that involved taking the camera apart and then it just got too complicated for my brain to handle. In the end I decided to make a pillow and hid the camera in a pocket on the front and spy on my cats. Definitely not as exciting as catching someone in the act, but at least now I can know what my cats do when no one is looking!Read More
We had to do a sewing project in class and I decided I would cut up an old t-shirt and make it into a new workout shirt! I cut off the sleeves and made a deeper neckline, then I found scrap fabric and sewed it to the edges where I cut off the old t-shirt. My new workout shirt works great! It’s a tank top style so it is nice to wear when it’s really hot outside. Working on the sewing project made me realize how much I love sewing! It was a great flashback to my past!Read More
In class we were each assigned a piece for the game of chess. My partner, Sophie, and I made a fat cat! The cat also had a tiny baseball cap, but in the process of printing it, the cap turned more into an afro hairdo. The class was divide into two teams, mine was the tan, so when the whole team completed all the pieces for their side of the board, we played! I started playing for my team and we were doing really well! we were in the lead, but then the class period ended and I left so I don’t actually know which team won in chess. I do know that using the machine to print our fat cat was really cool and it took about an hour to print one (we need two).Read More
The final project was a success! It was a very detailed project and required lots of time but if the directions were followed correctly there was little room for error. Emmanuel did an amazing job programming it and it ran just how we wanted to after we finished it. This project required a lot of trial and error to get it do exactly what we wanted it to do.
In class, we learned how to solder….
It took me the entire class period to figure out how to hold/use/move the soldering gun in one hand while holding the wires in my other hand. I eventually figured out how to solder the two wires together but in the process I burned my finger! Actually, I was the only student in the class who burned themselves. Soldering, even though my experience took pain and a lot of work, is really cool! I liked watching my fellow classmates solder and see their techniques on trying to bind the two wires together.Read More
For our first project, we had to create a motor run robot that could draw. I partnered with the girl next to me and we decided on making our robot a ladybug, otherwise known as Lady. We gathered all our material, as seen in a picture above, and started working on our robot. The first thing we had to do was figure out how to make the robot move. We attached a small piece of cardboard to make the motor wobble, thus making the robot move. It took a lot of time and effort but learning how to make Lady move was really cool and interesting!Read More